function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
JJenkinsJJenkins 

Hyperlink/ URL Field help

I am trying to create a custom field that links to an attachment in salesforce.

I did this through a custom URL field but the address is extremely lengthy.  Is there a way to create a hyperlink "click here"?

Thanks, 

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
StefanStefan

Have you had a look at the HYPERLINK function in HELP. You can use this in a formula text field. With a URL and a friendly name like "Click Here". I use this frequently and it works well.

HYPERLINK(url, friendly_name [,target]) and replace url with the Web address, replace friendly_name with the link text, and, optionally, replace target with the window or frame in which to display the content.

All Answers

PeanutmanPeanutman

Hi JJenkins,

Have you considered taking your URL and going to www.tinyurl.com?

I might be missing something, but I don't see why this would not work.

Good Luck,
Eric

JJenkinsJJenkins

That is a really good option - i'm going to look into that this afternoon. 

Thanks! 

StefanStefan

Have you had a look at the HYPERLINK function in HELP. You can use this in a formula text field. With a URL and a friendly name like "Click Here". I use this frequently and it works well.

HYPERLINK(url, friendly_name [,target]) and replace url with the Web address, replace friendly_name with the link text, and, optionally, replace target with the window or frame in which to display the content.

This was selected as the best answer
JJenkinsJJenkins

Stefan-

Great, this works and will help with a lot of other items on my list.

I have a follow up question because I wasn't clear on my question.  I would need the link to be changed on each individual page based on which account it is.  It is linking in SF to an attachment to an audit scorecard or contract. The thinking was if there was a link to the attachment for each account they wouldn't have to search through all the attachments.  Any suggestions on this?