function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
ArtWArtW 

Need to Pull Address, Phone, Email Fields Into My Custom Object Using Cross Object Custom Formula

I have a custom object that I would like to pull existing data from our Contacts Object.

I have failed in my attempt to accomplish this  using the cross object custom formula method.

The field I would like to pull is the Contacts Address, which has been re labeled as "Residence Address".  I modified our Address Label from Mailing Address to Residence Address (Residence City, Residence Street, Residence State, etc...) 

Contact is a Lookup Field on the Custom Object.  Ideally, once the Contact is selected, I would like to bring over the Email, Home Phone, Mobile Phone, and Address. 

Can someone please make a recommendation, or share the correct formula for accomplishing this task. 

ArtWArtW

I successfully created cross object formulas to pull two of my fields from Standard Objects to my Custom Object, but the very same formula is not working for two other fields that I need to pull over.

These formulas were successful:  

1. Opportunity__r.Account.Name
  2. Contact__r.email 

These formulas were not:

1. Contact__r.Mailing.Address (Also tried Contact__r.Residence.Address and Contact__r.address)    
  2. Contact__r.mobile
* I Customized the Label for Mailing Address on the Contacts Object, renaming it Residence Address

This is the error that I receive: Error: Residence does not exist. Check spelling.

Any help? Thoughts? Suggestions? 

BrianRheaBrianRhea

I have the same issue ... were you ever able to resolve?

Pradeep_NavatarPradeep_Navatar

You can create formula fields to achieve this problem. Create Mailing City, Mailing Country, Mailing State / Province, Mailing Street, Mailing Zip/Postal code as formula fields in the custom object and enter formulas as Opportunity__r.Account.MailingCity, Opportunity__r.Account.MailingCountry and so on.  It seems that you are just copying the formula assuming that it will work but you know for every field formula will be different. Use Insert field option to get these formulas.

Did this answer your question? If not, let me know what didn't work, or if so, please mark it solved.