function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
flewellsflewells 

Formula results different on page layout vs report

I'm totally stumped and I'm hoping someone can shed some light here.  I created a cross-object formula field on a custom object (I successfully compiled and saved the formula).  I added the field to my page layout and, as expected, can view a record and see a value displayed for my formula field.

What is not expected, however, is that the formula field for the SAME record as above now shows #Error! when I run a report or create a list view and include this field.  In fact, all my custom object records show #Error! for this field when running a report or while in a list view.

Can anyone explain why the report doesn't return the same value as when looking at an individual custom object record?

Kristin

MarkSilberMarkSilber
Is it just a simple cross-object formula (i.e., objectname.fieldname) or something more complicated?
flewellsflewells
Ok, so I figured it out.  My cross-object formula uses DATEVALUE and I had input my date incorrectly.  The date needs to be YYYY-MM-DD (and I had MM-DD-YYYY).  Weird that it worked fine for the detail page with the incorrect date format, but now that I've corrected it, it works as expected for both the page layout and report.