function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
JennattaJennatta 

Please Help: Custom Rule- If Stage Moves, New Date Required

Hi Salesforce Community-

I am a Professional Edition user and need help with a custom rule, but I don't know how/what to write. What I would like to do is as follows: when an opportunity hits a certain stage, I would like to require my users to fill out a new close date field, which would only become active when it hits that stage. 

Any thoughts on this?

Thank you for your time and help!

NB

Steve :-/Steve :-/

Hi there, 

When you say "I would like to require my users to fill out a new close date field" do you mean that you want them to be forced to update the standard Opportunity.CloseDate field, or is there a custom Close Date field that you have created on your SFDC Org that you want them to be prompted to enter?  

Can you also give me an example of the trigger requirements?  Stage Name, Probabilty%, etc... 

JennattaJennatta

Hi Stevemo-

First, thank you so much for your prompt response! I have created a seperate date field (just a straight calendar) that I want to make required once the stage hits 'x' or greater. 

The trigger requirements are that once an opportunity hits 70% or greater, then they are required to enter a new close date that can not be changed. 

Thank you!!

NB

Steve :-/Steve :-/

Here you go, give these a try

This one makes the custom date field required at 70% 

AND( (Probability >= 0.70), ISNULL(DateFieldName))

This one locks the custom date field after it is entered

AND( ISCHANGED(DateFieldName), PRIORVALUE(DateFieldName) <> DateFieldName)