function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
jepcasteleinjepcastelein 

Installing any package fails - redirected to login screen

I have a weird error in my Developer instance: since a couple of weeks I can't install apps anymore. Regardless of the browser or computer that I use, after agreeing on the terms & conditions, clicking login, and confirming my password, I get redirected to login.salesforce.com. If I login I just get into my normal Salesforce instance and the application has not been installed. 

I recorded a 1-minute video that shows the error:

http://screencast.com/t/MjljNDIzYW

Thanks for any tips!

Jep

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
RyanEllisRyanEllis

Yes, you're right. If you have a % at the end of your password, it causes the install process to fail. Looks like it is a problem with the encoding. Thanks for pointing it out. We'll see what we can do to fix it. Sorry about that!

All Answers

jepcasteleinjepcastelein

After experimentation I found out that installation of Apps will fail if you have a "%" in your password (or in any case at the end of your password). Weird bug, I'll pass it on to support. 

RyanEllisRyanEllis

Yes, you're right. If you have a % at the end of your password, it causes the install process to fail. Looks like it is a problem with the encoding. Thanks for pointing it out. We'll see what we can do to fix it. Sorry about that!

This was selected as the best answer