function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Mike_EMike_E 

How to remove namespace prefixes from custom settings in an unmanaged package

I'm using several hierarchy type custom settings in an application.  When upload the package in as UNMANAGED, all is fine.  However, when I try to install the package, I get an error.  I tried to install the contents of the same package using the Force.com IDE, it errors out.  I am able to trace the errors to references to the custom settings in the formulas.  These references show the namespace prefix from the source package.  I would presume once I convert this to a managed package, I will not get these errors.  However, I also need to install it an unmanaged.

Does anyone know how to remove references to the namespace prefixes for custom settings in a formula?  I have tried to edit the formula directly from the Force.com IDE.  When I save, the namespaces are automatically put back in.  I am beginning to believe that I will have to remove ALL the formulas and apply the changes manually.

gv007gv007

Once you created a name space you are allowed to remove or rename it.Try filing a ticket with salesforce support probally  tire 3 people can help you.

what type account you created a name space.

Mike_EMike_E

It is not my desire to remove the namespace prefix from the Development Org that I am using.  I will, eventually, publish a Managed Package using the same objects as are contained in the Unmanaged Package.

This seems to be more problematic, in that if you are using Custom Settings in an Org that has a namespace prefix associated with it, how can you install an unmanaged package ceated out of that Org.  You cannot preclude the namespace prefix from being referenced in the Formulas.  Thus, you cannot install the Unmanaged Package using the URL as you receive an error.  If you create a project in the Force.com IDE, you cannot remove the namespace prefix from the formulas (or validation rules).  Thus, you cannot transfer the objects into another Org using the IDE.

I am currently under the belief that I will have to remove the Formulas and Validation rules that reference the Custom Settings from all objects that are part of the Unmanaged Package.  Then, I will have to remove the Custom Settings themsoves from the Unmanaged Package.  Then, I should be able to Upload & Install using the URL, or, create a project in the IDE and transfer the objects.  Then, I'll have to go back into the Org that I installed the Unmanaged Package into and recreate the Custom Settings, Validation Rules, and Formulas.

Further, I believe this problem goes away once I convert the package to Managed.  However, I do not yet want to do this.

Certainly it can't be this complicated and I am overlooking something.

Any advice is most appreciated.

Thanks.

Douglas MolineuxDouglas Molineux
Yes I am also confused about this

if you are using Custom Settings in an Org that has a namespace prefix associated with it, how can you install an unmanaged package ceated out of that Org. 

Vishnu VaishnavVishnu Vaishnav

Hi Mike,

There is no way to remove namespace but you have created package with wrong namespace then following link helps u..
https://success.salesforce.com/ideaview?id=08730000000BqjiAAC

:::======================================================================:::
Qusetion Solved ? then mark as best answer to make helpful to others .....