function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Keith654Keith654 

"Salesforce" or "Salesforce Platform" for profiles in a Trialforce app?

I have 4 custom profiles in my application that is packaged and installable via Trialforce. But I based those profiles on the "Salesforce" User License and now find that although my Trialforce package has an LMA license limit of 5 users I get a "All of your user licenses are currently in use by active users" when I attempt to associate an additional user with one of my custom profiles. It seems like some other limit - presumably on the "Salesforce" User License - is kicking in.

I haven't found a good reference on these two User License types and would appreciate a link if anyone has one.

Should I have based my profiles on the "Salesforce Platform" User Licence.

Help appreciated,

Keith

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
aalbertaalbert

The default number of licenses should be controlled by the Trialforce Master (the org where you created the DOT). You can see the # of licenses under Setup | Administration Setup| Company Information. Those values should be carried over in the trial orgs provisioned from the DOT.

Salesforce licenses are full CRM licenses.

Salesforce platform licenses are platform only licenses (no access to majority of the standard objects like Leads, Opportunities, ect). They have different features and price models.

All Answers

aalbertaalbert

The LMA license does not override the salesforce Org level licensing. Meaning, you must have at least as many salesforce licenses as specified in the LMA license in order to assign the LMA licenses. Its easier to explain with an example:

Scenario 1: If the org has 2 Salesforce licenses available and the LMA license defaults to 10, you still can only assign 2 licenses to 2 named users.

Scenario 2: If the org has 10 Salesforce licenses and the LMA license defaults to 5, you can only assign 5 users to the LMA licenses.

Keith654Keith654

Makes sense thanks.

But any idea on what the "Salesforce" and "Salesforce Platform" license limits are on Trialforce or what contributes to them? And what the two license types are meant to be used for?

aalbertaalbert

The default number of licenses should be controlled by the Trialforce Master (the org where you created the DOT). You can see the # of licenses under Setup | Administration Setup| Company Information. Those values should be carried over in the trial orgs provisioned from the DOT.

Salesforce licenses are full CRM licenses.

Salesforce platform licenses are platform only licenses (no access to majority of the standard objects like Leads, Opportunities, ect). They have different features and price models.

This was selected as the best answer
Keith654Keith654

Thanks aalbert - this all checks out. Looks like I should be basing my profiles on "Salesforce Platform" as that is the more appropriate choice and my master org has 5 of those licenses but only one "Salesforce" license.

sreenathsreenath

hai aalbert

I have one doubt, your pointing that in Salesforce platform no access of standard objects(majority). I have seen one salesforce org user licenses are 5, they are using only 2 users in enterprise edition for usage of standard objects. If they want to migrate from salesforce license to salesforce platform license there is no chance for using the standard objects at the migrated licensed one. And i need the cost details as for enterprise edition per user for the above two profiles and how many user can be limited as per the cost.

Thanks, in advance...

aalbertaalbert

I am not sure I understand your question. Are you asking about the cost of the licenses? I can't answer that but I do recommend making sure you are a registered partner (www.salesforce.com/partners) and talk to your ISV Account Executive.

sreenathsreenath

Thanks aalbert