function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Peter_Peter_ 

Duplicates Components in FIRST install - unmanaged package

1) I've created an umanaged package in my dev org consisting of some custom fields and some triggers with supportting Apex classes and test methods. .  When listing the  package contents in the Dev Org  it show the proper number of components.

2) When i go to install this package for the FIRST  time in another org it show duplicates of every single component. I have tried this with multiple "first-time" orgs and it's always the same result.

3)  I go pack to review package in my Dev org and it shows NO duplicates in package.

4) Disclosure - I did create this unmanage package twice with different names in the dev org. The first time i did not have the 'duplicate" component issue with install on a target  org.

Peter

A_SmithA_Smith

This actually means the components in the package have the same name as some of the components in the org you are trying to install the package into.  Can you check for duplicates in the org where you are installing the package.  

Thanks!

Peter_Peter_

that's what i orinally though,  but i created a NEW dev org and tried the install and still got duplicates in this new org.

A_SmithA_Smith

Can you post a screenshot of the error?

Peter_Peter_

Here are two shots first is from target org  - there are no "errors" - just that everything shows twice when you go to do a first time install on a clean target. Second shot is from Dev org where package was created.

target "clean" org:

Dev org:

Dev Org

A_SmithA_Smith

Can you grant salesforce login access to the org where you are trying to install the package.  Then email me your user name (asmith at salesforce.com)?  I'd like to try the install and check out your org.  

Thanks,

Peter_Peter_

On it's way