function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
como_estascomo_estas 

Apex Test Fails During Installation (I think)

I'm developing a software package.  It's good to go and passes all tests when I package it as managed beta or released

Here's the error I'm seeing when I try to install this beta package into a sandbox in a different org  (or the released package into a non-sandbox in a different org)

enhancedcomponenttestsuite.testTestObject()

Apex Classes(XXXXX) (where XXXXX is the ID of the apex class: enhancedComponentTestSuite).

System.AssertException: Assertion Failed
(FormationLite)
External entry point

This isn't very informative is it?  In the test method testTestObject(), there are 40 System.assert calls.

Here's the crazy part though:  I commented out every single one, repackaged, and I still see this error when trying to install.  Is this error message lying to me?

I have no idea where to turn.  Can somebody please help me?  All I want is a meaningful error message.

ReidCReidC

You should check in with the Apex board -- what I've seen from time to time with packaging apps is that there's some depdency in my dev org that I didn't package up or didn't realize I was depending on and that leads to an install error.  Having said that I've never seen an incorrect error on install -- I've always been able to track it down.  (Although sometimes it's taken me a while ;-) )