function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
kent.chenkent.chen 

How to enable subscriber-specific settings in a managed package?

Hi, I'm kind of new for SalesForce.

My questions is, how to enable subscriber-specific settings in a managed package?

For example, assume my package is going to call Facebook web services, which require the subcriber's facebook account as the license.  

When installing my package, the subscriber should input the user name and password of his facebook credential.   How do make this happen ? 

If it's impossible for the subscriber to inpu on installation, can they do that after installation?

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
jeremyyjeremyy

I don't think there's a way to collect the info during install. It would have to be a post-installation step. These instructions should be in your Customization/Installation guide. The place to store this type of information is in a Custom Settings record marked as Protected. You'd typically create a VF page that collects the info from the user and stores it in Custom Settings. 

All Answers

jeremyyjeremyy

I don't think there's a way to collect the info during install. It would have to be a post-installation step. These instructions should be in your Customization/Installation guide. The place to store this type of information is in a Custom Settings record marked as Protected. You'd typically create a VF page that collects the info from the user and stores it in Custom Settings. 

This was selected as the best answer
kent.chenkent.chen

Thank you, jeremyy.   That provides an solution, although I hate the fact that SalesForce doesn't allow the settings during installation.