function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
LukLuk 

Beta Managed Package Install Failed

I have recently uploaded a new Beta version. 
When I am trying to install the product using the installation link 
the process reaches up to the second step and then I get an "Install Failed" error, and the following message 

"Your requested install failed. Please try this again. 

None of the data or setup information in yoursalesforce.com organization should have been affected by this error. 

If this error persists, contact salesforce.comSupport through your normal channels and reference number: 786836172-4609 (-387707325)"

Is there a place when I can view the installation error log ? 

I filed a customer support case: #05105381.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
LukLuk

SFDC provided the following solution:

Basically if you added an override button to the object  and then updated the attached VF page then the button is not updated with the new code. What you would need to do is remove the button from that object then add it back in again to refresh it.

It solved my installation problem.

Thanks

All Answers

r_boyd_848r_boyd_848

I had a similar error one of the following can cause it.

If the managed package is trying to set field history tracking on an object that does't have field history track turned on. Compare your dev against the target org and make sure that the target org has field level tracking on where required.

It may also be a failure in test code. Make sure your packaging org has a support user associated with it. When you install the package don't check the 'ignore apex test failures'. If a failure in the test code occurs it will email the details to the support user of the package.

LukLuk

All my objects are set for "Track Field History" & "Track Activities"

All rest code run successfully on my development environment. 

When I upload the package I set "Apex Exception Notification Recipient" to my system administrator user

I also tried to install while checking "Ignore Apex Test Failures" and still got an install failed message.

Why I'm not getting any emails with the failures ?  What am I missing ? 

r_boyd_848r_boyd_848

Forgot to ask when you say new Beta version i take it there was a previous one?

As it's a beta version you should be allowed change/delete field names, were any changes like this made. Did you change a Master/Detail relationship to a Lookup or redefine a filter?

LukLuk

Not really, I am trying to install from fresh on a new test org I created using the partner portal.

I have not succeeded to install any beta version.

by the way this is a managed package

LukLuk

SFDC provided the following solution:

Basically if you added an override button to the object  and then updated the attached VF page then the button is not updated with the new code. What you would need to do is remove the button from that object then add it back in again to refresh it.

It solved my installation problem.

Thanks

This was selected as the best answer