function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
matthew@forty2degrees.commatthew@forty2degrees.com 

Config / SetUp of PickList values post package install but in deployment (Getting Started)

Hi

I would like to create a managed package that has a number of custom objects with picklist fields.  I would like to have no values for the picklist fields in the package, and during the deployment process apply a set of config that updates the picklist fields with values.  Allowing me to have a core package and a number of different sets of picklist config.

What's going to be the best way to achieve this?

I have looked in to the metadata API, but I believe you can't call this from Apex.

I would like to make the experience of the subscriber as simple as possible, i.e. get the package, choose a config option and the application is installed with core configuration, all done for initial use.

I am trying to keep all code native.

Any advise would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Matthew

Sridhar BonagiriSridhar Bonagiri

Hi,

You have create a post installation steps document , as you said these picklist values has to entered manually.

matthew@forty2degrees.commatthew@forty2degrees.com

Hi

We still have the requirement, I think I am going to look into Trial Force first, so they we can spin up configured org's.

This should help, but i am still looking for a better solution to hold complex configuration, it does look like it will be a tool that uses the meta data api.

Thanks

Matthew