function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Amit Singh.ax1042Amit Singh.ax1042 

Can we Charge our customer for installing App developed by us according to license they are using?

Hi All, i am getting some problem about licence management..Let me explain you. Suppose i have created A managed package(Which Contains my App say "Recruiting").i have installed LMA in my sales org,and listed my App in Appexchange.. Now Subscriber can install my App.... and all the things(like how many no. of licencses he is using) we can track through LMA.. Now if i have given him 10 licenses to subscribber..and if for our App subscribers Admin is using 5 customer portal licese and 5 salesforce platform.... and i want to charge for my App according to licese he has..(say 100$ for salesforce platform and 50$ for customer portal license).... can i do this??? How?

aalbertaalbert

With respect to LMA, there is a single license for your app. So you can't differentiate between the Platform and Portal licenses in the customer org. 

You could charge them differently contractually. 

ca_peterson_oldca_peterson_old

We had this same issue and went with extension packages as the solution, which has it's own set up upsides and downsides. We ended up making out base package with portal functionality a site license, and then billing based on the number of extension package seats. This might not work for everybody but it's the only real option you have outside of building your own license manager into the app.