function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Balwant_SinghBalwant_Singh 

Custom Object Permissions NOT MARKED

I have created test drive for my application through "Admin" credentials but when i am login with "Eval User" credential which is "Read Only" profile, the app is not working correctly.

I mean when i click on a page which contain Fields from Object, is not reflect that's why when i check the profile, i found that in "Custom Object Permissions" section "Read" column is not marked while in "Standard Object Permissions" section the "Read" column is marked.

I have tried to marked that "Custom Object Permissions"  section but unable to do. Please suggest me how to accomplish this.

My guess is right or there is another things i need to do to achieve test drive account.

Thanks in Advance.....

aalbertaalbert

CRUD permissions for custom objects don't get updated on standard profiles. So I recommend cloning the standard "read only" profile, setting your custom object CRUD permissions to "Read" access only, then also make sure you edit the "eval" user's profile to the new custom "read only" profile. 

Hi aalbert,

Thanks for reply..

I have followed the steps that you mention but even in some custom objects  "insertion" and "deletion" takes place while permission is "Read" only.

Please suggest me how to overcome from this problem.

Thanks in advance..

aalbertaalbert

When you set the "read" flag on a specifi custom object CRUD permission in the Profile, that should not enable Insert nor Delete. 

Or are you stating that your application requires Insert and Delete access on some custom objects? That might be true, but the Test Drive is intended to be a read-only view of your app. It is not to be used to edit or create data by the end user. 

Hi aalbert,

What i want to say is that i have cloned "Read Only" profile, check "Read" operation for all custom objects present in Application and associated this profile with eval user.

When i go through the whole application login with eval user credential as testing purpose then i found that in some custom object insert and delete operation takes place. 

How is it possible? and i want to stop insert and delete because i want to create a Test Drive read only view.

Please suggest something so that i can accomplish "Test Drive" account.

Thanks in advance..

aalbertaalbert

Can you post a screenshot of the profiie CRUD settings for your test/eval user? If you set all objects to "Read" only, you should not be able to create new records. 

Hi aalbert,

I have posted the screenshot of Custom "ReadOnly" profile.

Also, if you want i can give you eval user credentials.

Looking forward to reply..

Thanks in advance.

aalbertaalbert

That screenshot looks good. Make sure the eval user is assigned to that profile. Assuming that is correct, are you seeing the "New" button associated with one of your customer objects? And the "Delete" button? I am trying to better understand exactly where you are seeing the permissions that are not enabled in your profile. 

Hi aalbert,

Thanks for reply..

I have attached the snapshot of the page where "Add" and "del" action marked in "Red" circle make insert and delet from custom objcet while the permission for custom object is "ReadOnly".