function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
eswarieswari 

Tabs visibility settings in package

Hi,

I upload a new package (unmanaged package) and got the installer url for that. My package consists of an app having two tabs. One tab should be visible to only System Administrator and the other one should be visible to only standard user. I set the tab visibility settings to 'default on' accordingly for the two tabs and able to achieve this in salesforce account in which I uploaded the package.

But when I installed that package in another account both the standard user and system adminstrator are able to view both tabs.

Can anyone please help me in guiding how to create tabs and app such that one tab is visible to System administrator and another tab to standard user even after installing the package in another account.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Ispita_NavatarIspita_Navatar

Hi,

You have to make the Tab visibility changes in the Profiles of:-

• System Administrator
  • Standard User

Also if your package does not contain the profiles then the same settings which you have done in your developer org where you created the package has to be redone in the org where you are installing the package. So it will be a speedup step i.e. a step which you need to take to make the org similar to the org where you created the package.

Did this answer your question? If not, let me know what didn't work, or if so, please mark it solved.