function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
SubhashSubhash 

Reports :- Custom Summary Field is not populated on the EXCEL when extract a Report

Dear Sir/Madam,

I created a Custom Summary Field on the Report. It is fine displayed on the report, but when i extract to EXCEL that Custom Summary field is not populated, rest all other standard fields are populated. I checked Display checkbox for that Summary field.

I dont know whats wrong with that?? Kindly help me as it is Important challenge for me.

Thanks,

Subhash

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Steve :-/Steve :-/
Try doing a "Printable View" export, that should work. 

All Answers

Try doing a "Printable View" export, that should work. 
This was selected as the best answer
SubhashSubhash

Thank you so much BOB for your prompt response. It worked fine and appreciate your help.

Thanks Again

Regards,

Subhash

Message Edited by Subhash on 01-11-2010 07:15 AM

No problem Subhash.

btw, it's "Steve"  

Bob Pollard is this guy ->  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Pollard

Message Edited by Stevemo on 01-11-2010 10:42 AM
DanaHDanaH

Hi All,

Running the report as printable view won't work for me because I need to export in CSV.  Are there any other tricks to getting custom summary fields to export in a tabular report?  I'm trying to make a custom formula for each row of my report.

Thanks.

rpr2rpr2

I had never noticed it before, but it appears that there isn't any way export the report summary fields (except in the printable view).

Options I can think of:

Option 1 - Recreate the formula in Excel after doing the export.

Option 2 - If the report formula is one that gets calculated on each record, you could add it as a custom field on the record.  Then it would be part of the export.

Option 3 - This is a variation of option 1.  If this is a report that you will be running frequently, use the Excel integration to import the report to excel, and add recreate the summary formula in excel.  Then you can refresh the report within Excel as needed, and the formula will remain.

Rhonda