function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
guppyguppy 

Time based workflow on case status - firing when status does not match

I'm having an interesting problem with a time based workflow that perhaps is just my misunderstanding of how they work or I'm missing something.

The problem I'm solving is "nagging" support engineers if a case hasn't been modified (updated) in 8 days.  Seems simple enough.  So I created a time based workflow as such:

Eval Criteria: When a record is created, or when a record is edited and did not previously meet the rule criteria

Rule Criteria: (Case: Sub Status not equal to Maintenance Expired) and (Case: Closed not equal toFalse) and (Case: Status not equal to New-Unassigned)

Time based workflow: 8 Days After Case: Last Modified Date

So on the critera, I only want to add the event if the case isn't pending because the client's maint has expired and it's not yet been assigned.  The key one though is don't "nag" if the case is closed.

What we're finding is that the engineers are getting nagged even if they have already closed the case.  It's like what is happening is:

Case status changes to open - workflow gets triggered; adds event

Case is worked...case is closed before 8 days are up

Workflow still nags

Do I need to do something to trigger a remove of a scheduled workflow event if the case is closed or something?  I would have expected that at fire time, it would check the critiera, say "ah, the case is now closed" (case closed = true) and just drop the event.

Any pointers?

Cheers

D

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
guppyguppy
LOL!  Never mind, writing this and re-reading the critiera I see the problem..it's in the case closed critiera...it's reversed.  Darn, one can go "googly eyed" looking at this :)