function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
jeremy_rjeremy_r 

Ant deployment - required folder structure not compatible with Eclipse plugin

The Eclipse plugin creates folders called "Apex Triggers" and "Apex Classes".  However, the ant task requires them to be called "triggers" and "classes".  I created these folders and moved my triggers and classes to them, but the plugin can't deal with this apparently.  What's the best solution for this?

thanks

Jeremy
Ron HessRon Hess
use the eclipse plugin to deploy your code?
jeremy_rjeremy_r
Clearly.

I'm more trying to understand if the incompatibility in folder structure between the Eclipse plugin and the Ant task is intentional.  The Eclipse plugin is newer, so should the Ant tasks consdiered to be obsolete?   Or will it be brought into compatibility with the Eclipse plugin's folder structure?

Thanks

Jeremy 
Ron HessRon Hess
Ant task is the supported method, and will not become obsolete.

The Eclipse plugin is newer, yes, and represents a seperate effort, not intentionaly incompatable, just turned out that way.

It is more likely that Eclipse will change to match the Ant task than the other way round, but i don't know if this is considered a bug, probably an eclipse plugin feature request.

I take it that you would like to edit in Eclipse, and then deploy using the Ant process  without renaming folders ?

jeremy_rjeremy_r
Deployment via Eclipse plugin is a nice option.  For larger projects, being able to deploy via Ant might be a better option.  I'd definitely like to see the Ant task kept current. 

cwall_sfdccwall_sfdc
Hey jeremy_r.

We are currently working on a common directory structure which enables both Ant and toolkit deployment on the same content.  This will be available in our next release.

-Chris