function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
mgiakkmgiakk 

Enable/Disable features in installed package

Hello,

I want to create an appexchange application where I will be able to enable/disable features. More specific, initially, I want to have some features enabled and some disabled. Then I will provide a key to the user, so that the enabled features will be disabled and vise verca. Is that possible in a managed package in a Salesforce application?

Thanks,

Mike.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Ispita_NavatarIspita_Navatar

Hi,

It seems you want to selectively expose and block features in your managed package. Managed package have the option of deprecation , which prevents the further distribition of the deprecated feature in future installations.

But from your email it seems you want somewhat like a feature enabling disabling capability. You can perhaps enforce it via creating some custom object which will hold some setting value depending on which feature would either function or not, but the issue will be that an admin can see everything and make necessary changes at will.

Probably you can post this as an idea at IdeaExchange and salesforce will pick it up as a feature for future release.

Did this answer your question? If not, let me know what didn't work, or if so, please mark it solved. 

All Answers

Ispita_NavatarIspita_Navatar

Hi,

It seems you want to selectively expose and block features in your managed package. Managed package have the option of deprecation , which prevents the further distribition of the deprecated feature in future installations.

But from your email it seems you want somewhat like a feature enabling disabling capability. You can perhaps enforce it via creating some custom object which will hold some setting value depending on which feature would either function or not, but the issue will be that an admin can see everything and make necessary changes at will.

Probably you can post this as an idea at IdeaExchange and salesforce will pick it up as a feature for future release.

Did this answer your question? If not, let me know what didn't work, or if so, please mark it solved. 

This was selected as the best answer
mgiakkmgiakk

Thank you..