function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
IngeniumSFDCIngeniumSFDC 

Managed and Unmanaged package installations failing

Hi,

I have a managed package that installed fine last week but for some reason is failing for fresh installations. However if I install an older version (pre winter 12 release) and then update it with the latest version on the package (post winter 12 release) the installation works. All unit tests run fine and none have the run on install flag set to true.

The only thing I can think of is that some of my apex classes are set to use a higher API version in the newer release (so these a combination of API versions 21 and 23 in the package.

The error message from the failed installation gives me no information.

Even creating and installing an unmanged package fails.

Has anyone else run into this?

cheers

Brad

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
IngeniumSFDCIngeniumSFDC

Thanks for your replies - I created a ticket for salesforce and they managed to isolate the issue and suggested a workaround which worked.

Apparently the scenario I ran into is a known issue. Basically the problem was due to a custom button that was added to a custom object. The button was pointing at a visual force page which was later edited and the stadardcontroller attribute of the page was changed which broke the relationship between the button and the visual force page (as you can only connect a button to a page with the same standardcontroller type).

All Answers

IspitaIspita

Hi,

I think the new release must have led to the unexpected behaviour experienced by you, it does happen once in a while after salesforces routine ungrades or releases , so I would suggest you to write to salesforce support as they will be only happy to help and eliminate any snag which might have crept in.

Hope this helps...

Chris JohnChris John

Hi Brad,

Could you provide further information on the error message you received? Specifically, was there an error code?

With that we can find out what caused the package install to fail.

Alternatively, if you raise a case with our support team and include the steps to reproduce the issue (which organization Id attempted the install, timeframe when the issue occurred, which package version it was, etc), they'll be able to pick it up from there.

If you've already created a support case, I'd be happy to follow up on it.

Thanks,

-cj

IngeniumSFDCIngeniumSFDC

Thanks for your replies - I created a ticket for salesforce and they managed to isolate the issue and suggested a workaround which worked.

Apparently the scenario I ran into is a known issue. Basically the problem was due to a custom button that was added to a custom object. The button was pointing at a visual force page which was later edited and the stadardcontroller attribute of the page was changed which broke the relationship between the button and the visual force page (as you can only connect a button to a page with the same standardcontroller type).

This was selected as the best answer