function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
NuDevNuDev 

Unable to uninstall package containing custom page layout

Hi folks.   I've run into an issue which looks to be associated with the Spring '12 platform as we have not run into this prior.  I have submitted a case with support regarding this but they have not been able to help and have since closed the case.

Here's the scenario:

Within my package I have a custom layout on the Opportunity object.  As a pre-install step, only certain profiles are given access to the package contents (custom profiles based on the standard profile).  As a post-install step, this layout is assigned to one (or more) Opportunity Record Types. Pretty standard stuff.

Previously,  to uninstall the package all I would have to do is reassign the layout on these record types to a standard Opportunity layout.  Once done, the package would install without issue.   But recent attempts to execute this process have been unsuccessful due to the following errors:

This installed component is referenced by a locally created component. Standard Platform User

This installed component is referenced by a locally created component. System Administrator

The System Administrator link above will bring me to the 'Force.com - Free User' profile.

Not sure what's going on with this, if it's a 'bug' or I missed something in the release notes pertaining to this.

Any ideas?

cgosscgoss

I've see something similar when trying to delete a record type or page layout in our dev org. If I'm remembering correctly, you'll need to go into the force.com free user profile and assign it's default record types and page layouts to something other than your packaged layouts. The links are bogus. If you keep getting the error, check all the profiles to see if there are any others in similar situations to force.com free user.

NuDevNuDev

Thanks C, unfortunately these profiles don't have access to the Opportunity object at all which is why I'm thinking this is an issue introduced with Spring '12. 

Using the back-door (profilerecordtypeedit.jsp) to edit the record type settings for the Free User profile shows that no record types are associated with the profile and as far as I know, there's no similar back-door for page layout assignments.

Trupti DambalkarTrupti Dambalkar
Hi, Is tehre any solution on this?