function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Devendra@SFDCDevendra@SFDC 

Trialforce

Hello Board,

Has anyone experience of using Trialforce for distribution of App?

Which are the activities are need to be consider while distributing app to Trialforce?

How much work associated with Trialforce Registration page, which prospect is going to fill out.

Thanks,

Devendra

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
aalbertaalbert

I agree - it can get confusing the first time through it all. Here are some step by step instructions to get going. 

1. To start Trialforce, you need to provision a Developer Edition environment (via the Partner Portal) to be used as the Trialforce Master Organization.
2. Log a case in the Partner Portal. Request that you would like to make that Developer Edition org your Trialforce Master Organization.
3. Once the case is resolved, you can enable a Branded Login Site or Branded Email Set, and configure your trialforce instances. Please check out the Spring’12 release notes for instructions and information: https://na1.salesforce.com/help/doc/en/salesforce_spring12_release_notes.pdf
4. Once you have created your first Trialforce template, log a case in the partner portal to request that trialforce signup form be configured for your trialforce template (include the template id in the case).
5. In return, you will get a sample HTML form with the proper values to hardcode in the signup page. From there, you can brand the web page as you like. 

All Answers

cgosscgoss

We've used it for years with great success. You can make the process as easy or hard for your users as you want. All the fields that are required are Name, Company, Phone, and Email IIRC. We ask for more info, and append it to the lead with a secondary system.

For an app that has customizations that aren't packagable, or that requires a pre-populated data set, Trialforce is a great way to provision new clients.

I still think the TestDrive functionality is better for "kicking the tires" and trying out an app, but Trialforce is great for provisioning.

Thanks cgoss for your reply.

Can you please us more about "TestDrive"? How it works? What steps are required to follow etc?

Thanks,

devendra

cgosscgoss

Here is the SF info on it:

http://wiki.developerforce.com/images/4/41/Creating_Test_Drive.PDF

And how to setup:

http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/packagingGuide/Content/appexchange_publish_test_drive.htm#kanchor318

Basically, it's an org that you pre-populate with data, and prospects can get a login to. All prospects essentially share the same login, and they can add/edit/remove data freely, as if it were their instance (assuming you setup the profile that way).

aalbertaalbert

Here is a guide on Trialforce: wiki.developerforce.com/index.php/Trialforce

Thanks aalbert,

I am referring the same guide. I am doing Trialforce process first time. Therefore i am confuse.

Hope it goes well.

Thanks,

Devendra

aalbertaalbert

I agree - it can get confusing the first time through it all. Here are some step by step instructions to get going. 

1. To start Trialforce, you need to provision a Developer Edition environment (via the Partner Portal) to be used as the Trialforce Master Organization.
2. Log a case in the Partner Portal. Request that you would like to make that Developer Edition org your Trialforce Master Organization.
3. Once the case is resolved, you can enable a Branded Login Site or Branded Email Set, and configure your trialforce instances. Please check out the Spring’12 release notes for instructions and information: https://na1.salesforce.com/help/doc/en/salesforce_spring12_release_notes.pdf
4. Once you have created your first Trialforce template, log a case in the partner portal to request that trialforce signup form be configured for your trialforce template (include the template id in the case).
5. In return, you will get a sample HTML form with the proper values to hardcode in the signup page. From there, you can brand the web page as you like. 

This was selected as the best answer

Thanks cgoss and aalbert,

You both gave me the solution. Unfortunately i can mark only one here.

Hoping for the best. smiley =)

Thanks,

Devendra

yarramyarram

Hi aalbert,

I have created one custom Application(using customerportal and site) in Developer Edition  and also passed security review. After that i created one Trialforce Master Org(which is Enterprise Edition) also.But Master Org don't have Customer Portal option, Sites(Appsetup--> Develop) option and Customer Portal Manager Custom user license. So How can i get those two features for Trialforce Master Org.

Please give me instructions for this issue.

Thanks.

Yarram. 

aalbertaalbert
Please log a case in the Partner Portal and request sites and those specific portal licenses be added in your Master org. Those licenses are not included by default but you can log a case to request them.
Atif MohammedAtif Mohammed

As i am new to the Trialforce setup i am bit confused in some of the things,could any of one will guide me up.

1). I have requested for the Trialforce Management Org,through partner portal,they requested me to give DE org Id.

So i have forward them my DE org ID,is that correct or not?

2). Once i am done when salesforce provide me the credentials for the TMO.As per the documentation i need to install the app init.Does it faciliates Custom Profiles,Site and Customer portal.

3). How much time does it take to Pass the security review process of the TrialForce.

4). When any user goes for Test Drive  from the appexchange ,does the leads will come up in TMO or the Business org (In which LMA is installed).

aalbertaalbert

1. I would recommend that you provision a new Partner Developer Edition org via the Partner Portal (www.salesforce.com/partnerportal) to start. That will be your Trialforce Management Org. 

2. Once provisioned, log a case in the Partner Portal and request that DE org to be your Trialforce Management org (or provide that in your existing case as the de org id). 

3. Once the case is closed, there will be a new Trialforce area exposed under Setup. This is where you can turn on Trialforce Branding if you want to leverage that. 

4. From there, you can also create Source Orgs. These are EE trials where you will want to install your managed package, create any demo data, and ultimately configure the ideal trial experience for your prospects. 

4a. If you need additional features and/or licenses provisioned in that source org, please log a case in the partner portal to request that. 

5. Once you are done configuring the Source org, create a Trialforce Template under Setup -> Trialforce. You will receive an email when the template is created with a template id. Something like OTT.....

6. Log a case in the Partner Portal and provide the template id. In return you will get HTML which includes a FORM POST to be used to provision the trial. You will also be provided a few parameters to include in that FORM POST such a formName and a few other key parameters. 

7. At this point, you need to simply put that HTML FORM POST on the web page where you want to expose the free trial sign up. 

The lead generated from a user accesing your Test Drive will generate a Lead in your Business Org (where LMA is installed). It also depends if you've enabled that to generate leads which is configurable in your Appexchange listing. 

I hope this helps. 

How should people install your application? Install it directly from the AppExchange (Recommended) Install it directly from your company’s website (Selected)Contact your company so you can help them install it Enable free trial sign up of Salesforce and your application If i check mark the above free trial signup does it install directly at the customer end or we need to provide them the acces. Our criteria is the client should approach us and request for the demo soo what are the step to be done to give me the acces on trial basis.
aalbertaalbert

It depends who you are targetting, but you have options. Since you want someone to contact you before installing, you should select the "Contact your company" option in the Appexchange. 

Why do you want the customer to contact you first? I highly recommend enabling a free trial option using Trialforce. Once they provision a trial, you will get a lead and license record created in real-time within your License Management Application (LMA) and therefore can reach out immediately to talk to the prospect. 

Ultimately you can enable "Get It Now" installs from the Appexchange, free trials on the Appexchange, and free trials from your website. They are not mutually exclusive. You can leverage all options. 

Installed the app in the TMO and created an Trial Template,linked with the appexchange with TMO credentials.But could not find the trial template.Getting this error when i clicked on the Trial Template i am getting this error: 

"Please correct the following error(s): 

We've encountered a problem with one or more of your trial templates. Please log a case in the Salesforce.com Partner Portal so that we can assist you." 

aalbertaalbert

I would log a case in the Partner Portal (www.salesforce.com/partnerportal). They can best help resolve the issue.