function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Devendra@SFDCDevendra@SFDC 

Custom Login URL

Hello Board,

I have been using https://login.salesforce.com/ to login into the salesforce instance.

Is there any way to customize this login url for example: mycompany.myproduct.com?

Thanks,
Devendra S

aalbertaalbert

Yes. Check out the Spring12 release notes and search for Enahnced Trialforce Branding: https://na1.salesforce.com/help/doc/en/salesforce_spring12_release_notes.pdf

Thanks aalbert for your response!!

I will check into the release notes.

Thanks,

Devendra

Hello aalbert,

This is an old post, but i am continuing with this thread

The branded logins will end with domain cloudforce.com, so suppose my application name is XYZ, then i will look for branded login xyz.cloudforce.com and my customers will get access to Application using this site page.

Does this login URL only available when Customer use the Trial of an App or It will be available even when they make their Trial Org as their Production Org?

We wanted our application users to have customized login page to access an app.

Thanks,

Devendra

aalbertaalbert
That URL is available to both trial and active customers who got access to your app via trialforce.

Aalbert, Thank you for your response.!

Thanks,

Devendra

bozotheclownbozotheclown

Hello.  I wanted to follow-up this thread. My company is very new to trialforce...we are trying to access a VF page via my company's branded login page. I think I am following the proper instructions...but am not having any luck

1) We have a page called XXXmyPage.  During development, we have accessed this page via the URL https://na14.salesforce.com/apex/XXXmyPage.  This prompts us with the standard force.com login page.

2) We just signed up for trialforce and received our custom URL.  As an example, let's call it xxxMyCompany.cloudforce.com.  When I go to that link and login, I am sent to the main force.com page.  That is nice...but I want to be able to use our branded login to directly access the "XXXmyPage" VF page.

3) I have tried the URL xxxMyCompany.cloudforce.com/apex/XXXmyPage.  Although I do successfully login, I get the message "Page XXXmyPage does not exist"...and I absolutely, positively know that "XXXmyPage" does exist.

Is there a different variation of the URL that should be used?

Is it even possible to access a VF page via a branded login page?

Thanks

aalbertaalbert

The trialforce branded login page (company.cloudforce.com) is a brand-able login page but it doesn't include or link to any visualforce page in your application. That is why you are seeing the behavior you describe. When you setup a trialforce branded login page, your customers can go to company.cloudforce.com to login, and then they are directed to their "org" exactly the same as if they login at login.salesforce.com. If you want them to go to a visualforce page immediately, configure the default landing tab of your app to be a visualforce tab that redirects the user to the visualforce page you prefer. 

bozotheclownbozotheclown

Thanks so much for the clarification.  I had actually posted a case on the partner portal but did not get a clear response.

aalbertaalbert

Can you please send me a private message with the Case #? I'd like to follow up internally to make sure we improve the response. Let me know if you have any additional questions. 

-Andrew

bozotheclownbozotheclown

Andrew...Sure. I will do that now. I did want to clarify one thing.

For force.com embedded partners (in other words, those partners who are using the force.com platform as an "invisible" backbone for their solutions), is there any other branded way that they can login their customers without going to that initial force.com page?  My goal here is to avoid the force.com look and feel, if possible (and instead have them see my look and feel only).

Thanks again.