function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Simon GoodyearSimon Goodyear 

Error installing managed package into GE and PE

I have a managed package which has passed security review and has Aloha status.

However when I install it into a Professional or Group Edition of Salesforce I receive an error message telling me that the install failed - the message is included below.. the reference numbers change each time but the message is consistent.

Your requested install failed. Please try this again.

None of the data or setup information in your salesforce.com organization should have been affected by this error.

If this error persists, contact salesforce.com Support through your normal channels and reference number: 48494661-19193 (1381620309)

Installing this package into any other Edition works without fail. I have persisited with this install as well, repeatedly trying it.

Does anyone have any idea why this may be happening? I have gone through normal channels but am looking for something extra that might help me solve this situation quicker - someone must have seen something like this before.

The package is mine so I can make changes to it if needed - just need some guidence of what to change.

I know it's all a bit vague but any hints, other than give up, would be greatly appreciated :)

Thanks,

Simon

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
aalbertaalbert

Issues like this should not be closed-out of scope. Please log a case. If its closed out of scope , please send me the case # via a private message on these discussion boards. I'll make sure Support addresses it. And if you have the previous Case #, I'm happy to follow up on that too. 

All Answers

aalbertaalbert

Please log a case in the partner portal (www.salesforce.com/partnerportal) and include the error number. 

WiseRabbitWiseRabbit
Last time I raised a case in the partner portal for this I was told it was out of scope and that I should raise it here!! I have raised another case but I fear I'm about to be caught in limbo. If anyone else has ay experience of anything similar then I would appreciate your thoughts how how you overcame the issue... I realise they may not be the same as mine but I need to try and break this infinite loop some how. Thanks
aalbertaalbert

Issues like this should not be closed-out of scope. Please log a case. If its closed out of scope , please send me the case # via a private message on these discussion boards. I'll make sure Support addresses it. And if you have the previous Case #, I'm happy to follow up on that too. 

This was selected as the best answer
A_SmithA_Smith

You are using $Profile.Name in your app somewhere.  Since PE/GE don't support custom profiles, $Profile isn't a valid formula value.

Thanks Andrew - 

Any sugestion how I should discover the users profile then? I'm only interested in the system System Admin profile as I have options that I want to show for Admins.

Cheers,

Simon

It's ok I think I've found it...

Sorry, RTFM