function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
King KooKing Koo 

Dashboard causing install to fail.

Hi guys

I have created an unmanaged package of an app that includes all the usual bits, work flow, custom objects, custom fields, report, dashboard, etc.

After creating the package I install that to my another DE environment for testing, but it failed with the usual messge: "Your requested install failed. Please try this again.  None of the data or setup information in your salesforce.com organization should have been affected by this error.  If this error persists, contact salesforce.com Support through your normal channels and reference number: xxxxx"

After many trials and errors I found out that if I take out Dashboard, then everything is fine.  From your experience, do you have any reasons that you can tell me as to why it failed?

I'm getting really frustrated.  I thought I've done everything right, the dashboard is in a public folder for read/write, I even just re-created the dashboard based on the same reports, only one giving a pie chart and the other giving the metric.

As for View dashboard as, I tried both as specified user and as logged-in user but no go.

THanks.

vester_svester_s

Hi,

I have the same problem, do you have any resolution for this type of problems?

Thanks