function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Kalman S.Kalman S. 

Delete Trigger in Managed Package

I am trying to UNinstall Convio Common Ground and there seems to be a trigger getting in the way. There is a managed record type on Contacts. I need to change the record types to a custom record type I created. 

When I change the record type manually I get the following message: Error: Invalid Data. Review all error messages below to correct your data.
Apex trigger cx.ContactAll caused an unexpected exception, contact your administrator: cx.ContactAll: execution of BeforeUpdate caused by: System.NullPointerException: Attempt to de-reference a null object: (cx)

I get the same error when trying to create a New contact in the system. 

Is there any way to either de-activate or delete the managed trigger... 

Thanks!

Kalman

A_SmithA_Smith

I suspect Convio has code that disallows the removal of record type from records.  Try this.  Ask Convio to deactivate your package license (mark it expired).  This will remove access to the app (don't worry, all standard objects like contacts are still accessible).  It will also disable all the triggers in the package.  That should allow you to reassign all the records and uninstall the app.  

Check with Convio too for more info.  Sounds like this would be a very common occurrence with their app if this is the root cause.  They might have a better way to work around this issue.

Thanks,

Kalman S.Kalman S.

Thanks for the suggestion. I actually was able to get around it. I asked Common Ground to deactivate the trigger that was giving me problems so I could just complete the uninstall. They (after 3 days) agreed to do this and of course it took a matter of moments. I was then able to uninstall it correctly. 

I should have posted the resolution here. Thanks for reminding me :)

Thanks!