function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
AlonAlon 

Using record type in Aloha managed package

Hello,

I have a managed package that has one record type of event as a component. It is an Aloha app and all references to this record type in code are done with dynamic Apex, however the record type itself is still a component. As a result, when potential customers try to install it on a group or professional editions they get an error message that record types are not supported. Is there a workaround to this problem?

I checked the "Designing an Application for Group and Professional Edition" wikipage (http://wiki.developerforce.com/page/Designing_an_Application_for_Group_and_Professional_Edition) and there it does say that an app will work on GE/PE only if "Apex is not dependent on features and functionality that exist only in EE or UE (e.g., record types and/or Campaigns) unless it's dynamic Apex.". However later it says that "if your app has more than 50 custom record types, your app will not install in GE or PE." - but we have only 1.. So how can we add this one record type??

Can anyone help me here, as we really want to support professional and group editions?

Thank you

Alon