function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
cldavecldave 

Special Email field

Hello,

Our company uses a service called email to fax, which consist of sending an email to will be converted to a fax. (which enables us to send a fax from our pc)

how it works it's like sending a regular email but instead of the regular  email address it should be as: theFax#@smartfax.xom (ex:18005177799@smartfax.com)

so i created a custom email field called: email to fax

And what i'm trying to do is have Sf merge in there the information of the fax field of the lead in that field (email to fax) and add @smartfax.com right after it, so my workflow email can be sent using that field (email to fax) without having to manually do it on each record.

I have thought of 2 solutions but have bben unable to do it

1. make a worflow field update that would do that for me (i think that would work, but i have no idea how to formulate the formula)

2. Editing the formula in the "Email to fax" field but then again i don't see how to make the formula if it's even possible

Thank you in advance to anyone who can help

Ispita_NavatarIspita_Navatar

I cannot fully understand your question, do you want the formula field to change in such way into hyperlink that clicking on it sends the fax?

Or is it that you want a workflow update that trigger the sending of fax?

What is your problem area generating a formula which displays : Fax#@smartfax.com, if yes then you can create a formula field having this equation :-  Fax__c + "@smartfax.com" else if you want the formula generated only the fax# is non-blank then you can use this:-

if(Len(Fax__c)>0,Fax__c + "@smartfax.com"," ")

If this is not your issue do write to me about it in some detail.

TonnisthaTonnistha

am not sure,but if I get you correctly, you can simply go through :

1. Create your document using myFaxBin's enhanced mail merge tools. You can create both MSWord templates and interactive PDF forms, contracts, other documents customized with your Salesforce data. Field information can be retrieved from multiple and custom objects.

2. Selecting the "Fax" button right on the page sends it on its way.

Even mass fax blasts are supported.