function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
EIE50EIE50 

Lock an idea in the ideas portal

Hi,

How do i lock an ideas in my portal so that users can no longer vote on the locked idea but can comment on it? can this be achived using a formula /validation rule? Any tips or formula :) is appreciated.

Thanks

Ispita_NavatarIspita_Navatar

The permission which is necessary for casting vote for an Idea is "Read Permission", hence you need to remove that permission from the User Profile in case of a custom profile in order to achieve your objective, but this will not allow that user to see the ideas as well, for that you may add a widget in Visual Force Showing the listing of ideas.

Did this answer your question? If not, let me know what didn't work, or if so, please mark it solved.

EIE50EIE50

Hi,

This is the use case, i might be having 1000 ideas in my portal, and i feel like implementing 2 ideas out of the bunch, so i dont want any user to further vote on those 2 ideas, but still can comment on it. I cannot play with profiles for this use case. so, i was just wondering this could be acheived via formula / validation rule.

When users at the backend want to lock a particular idea, all they have to do is mark the checkbox field ( a custom field) to true so that every other process as above is automated.

Thanks.

Regular ContributorRegular Contributor

There is a property IsLocked - Boolean  which prevents users from Voting. Hope this helps you

SamuelDeRyckeSamuelDeRycke

Did you ever find a configurationsolution ? It's amazing this is still the case.

Or I'm absolutely blind, or it doesn't seem to be possible.  The Islocked field is used in idea merges, so can't be used for this.

"DescriptionRead only. Indicates whether the idea has been locked because it was merged with a parent idea (true) or not (false). You can’t vote for or add comments to a locked idea."