function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
JillWJillW 

Help! How do I embed an image in an HTML email template?

I thought that this would be a simple matter of linking the picture to the template via img src="URL_of_picture." However, it's not working and I'm going nuts.

The template is marked as being "available for use." Really, it's just a delivery system for the jpeg, which contains all the information that's needed in the email.

I have the jpeg file uploaded into the document folder. The jpeg is marked as being an "Externally Available Image", the folder it's in is "accessible by all users".

When I look at the template, there's no problem. The picture shows as expected. However, when I try a test email, all that I get is a box with a red x.

If I load the picture to an external source, such as Photobucket or tinypic, there is no problem in seeing the email. However, I don't like the idea of using external sources, I want to just load the picture into SalesForce and use it. Can anybody tell me what I'm doing wrong? I really, really need an answer to this by Friday.

Thanks in advance,

Jill

Ispita_NavatarIspita_Navatar

Please right-click the placeholder for image with red cross in the mail and try to find the path of the image. Also go to documents folder and check the path by right clicking on the image displayed on the document detail page of image, it will be something like this:-

https://na4.salesforce.com/servlet/servlet.ImageServer?id=01560000000QuWl&oid=00D6000000075nQ&lastMod=1270702936000

Are both the paths similar?

Also sometimes user's email setting prevent display of images , have you checked that?

Did this answer your question? If not, let me know what didn't work, or if so, please mark it solved.

Steve :-/Steve :-/

Check with your E-Mail Systems Admin, HTML images embedded in e-mails can be used to track things like received, opened, etc.  (that's how the standard SFDC HTML E-mail report collects it's statistics).  However they can also be used for malicious purposes (although I know that you would never do such a thing Jill :smileywink: ) 

For those reason some E-mail Admins set their system to automatically suppress all embedded images.