function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
prad_p25prad_p25 

Unable to see the field for roll up summany for one of the custom object.

i am trying to create an roll up summany field for one of the custom object. The summary should be summation of amounts in line item. But I am unable to see the field "amount" to choose from list of fields for roll up summary. When I check the field accessibility , it shows read only becaz it is a formula field. Please suggest how can I make this " amount" field accessible while creating roll up summary

Steve :-/Steve :-/

There are certain field that are not accesible via Roll-Up Summary fields.

https://na2.salesforce.com/help/doc/en/fields_about_roll_up_summary_fields.htm#topic-title 

prad_p25prad_p25

Hi,

My formula field "Package amount" is "Package__r.Package_Price__c * Quatity__c". When I try to create a roll up summary field as Total package amount, I am unable to the fiels "package amount" as a field to aggregate.

regards,

Pradip

Steve :-/Steve :-/

Roll-up summary fields cannot calculate the values of other roll-up summary fields except for account to opportunity roll-up summary fields, which allow you to calculate the values of opportunity roll-up summary fields.

prad_p25prad_p25

I am not creating roll up summary field based on another roll up summary field. I have a formula field and would like to create an roll up summary field out of this formula field.

To explain the issue better

have already done all the relationship setup. well let ,me explain u in details and then see if we can resolve this.

I have an invoice object and and line item object , I also have another object called package. The relation between Invoice and line item and package and line item is already set to One to many.

I have a formula field called package amount in line item object which is like this (package price from package object multiply by quantity). Now I want this package amount to be rolled up in Invoice object. so i created a field called total package amount , but when I try to aggregate this field (package amount) it's not showing up in the field. I have also cross checked that if I create a field in line item object called "Package price" and do not try to access it from package object then there is no problem.

My relationship set up is fine becaz it is already working when I try to roll up with quantity field.

I am not sure if this is a bug or a problem from my side.

Eugene NeimanEugene Neiman

I just ran into this (even though I can report that other rollups worked for me).  In my case an RMO line item has a Unit Price (formula -> Order Line Item Price currency ) and Units Returned (Number) to generate a Credit Amount (formula, currency) - in short, a basic base * rate.  So on going to the RMO ( RMO 1:M RMO line items), I find RMO line items are available for roll up; however, only the units returned shows up.  If I work it out, I'll try to post a solution.

Eugene NeimanEugene Neiman

Roll up can, of course, calculate the sum of a summary field.  However, it apparently cannot do so if a component of that summary field is a formula field.  Once I rebuilt Unit Price as a currency field, I was able to select all three fields at the RMO level.  Hope this helps.

Rob Kallai 1Rob Kallai 1
If the field you are trying to rollup is a Lookup field, make sure that the Lookup Options>Don't allow deletion of the lookup record that's part of a lookup relationship, is selected. Otherwise, the field will not appear on the rollup fields list.
User-added image