function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
ClubOwnerClubOwner 

Need help to create a formula

I am not a developer but need help to create a formula that will allow me to do the following

1. I have a custom field in 'Opportunities' layout called 'Proposer' that has a drop down box with about 12 choices. It is a mandatory field in opportunity creation at the moment.

2. I also have a similar custom field in the 'contact' layout with the same drop-down values.

3. I want to create a formula that automatically imports the value from the custom field in the 'contact' layout into the custom field in the 'opportunity' layout, coming from the contact that the opportunity relates to.

Can anyone help me? I am based in London, UK.

spraetzspraetz

Make a custom field on Opp called Proposer or whatever you want to call it, make it equal to:

Contact.Proposer

It might be Contact__c.Proposer if the Contact lookup is a custom lookup (which I think it is because Contact isn't a standard field on Opp)

jarrodmichaeljarrodmichael

Unless you have a custom lookup to a Contact on the Opp, you won't be able to do this.  If you have a custom field you could use a Custom Formula Field (Text) to lookup to the field on the contact and populate it on the Opp with a CASE formula.

Example:

Case(Contact.Proposer__c, "John Doe", "John Doe", "Value 2", "Value 2", "Not Selected")

That will pull whatever is on the contact.  Please let me know if you have any questions.