function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Greg HGreg H 

Movement of Apex Code from Developer Edition to Other Editions

I've read on posts in the discussion boards and in the force.com cookbook that Apex code should be created in a Developer Edition account and then it can be moved to a production account (Enterprise, etc).  I've created a simple sControl and Apex Class in a DE account and I am unable to move it to a production (EE) account.

I've tried to create a copy of the Class using Eclipse and although it looks like the class gets copied to EE it does not.  So I tried creating a package for the AppExchange to move my sControl and Apex Class but I cannot add the Class to the package and it doesn't get picked as a dependent when I add the sControl to the package.

Can anyone provide some clarity on what I can do to get this code from DE to EE?
-greg
SuperfellSuperfell
You can't create the code directly in the production account, you have to use one of the deployment tools (either the current eclipse toolkit or the ant based tool), this will require that you have unit tests for your apex code.
Greg HGreg H
I just tried working through the deployment steps in Eclipse but received the following error:

Does something need to be "turned on" for my Enterprise Edition account to move over the Apex code?
-greg
SuperfellSuperfell
Yes, you need to purchase the apex add on for EE.
yagnayagna
Is Apex available at a Cost in the Enterprise Edition ?
I am asking again just to confirm.
yagnayagna
can we activate Apex Triggers in EE at a cost ?
SuperfellSuperfell
Yes, call your Sales Exec for the details.
yagnayagna
Thanks Simon :smileyhappy: