function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
vishalladvishallad 

Create Record Type field in Custom object

Hi,
    I am trying to access a recordtype field in a Custom object.I have created two record types in this object.But I am not able to access it.In salesforce account it shows me as a standard field, but that same field is not seen in the sforce explorer and it gives me an error that the field does not exist while I try to update it.What could be the reason that I am not able to access the record type.Please suggest me a way to make a record type in Custom Object.
Thanks in Advance.!
rohitmaratherohitmarathe

Hi Vishal,

RecordType is not a standard field in any object.SalesForce uses another object RecordType to store the information of all record types you are creating on any object.You can use SForce explorer to see this objects and the fields associated with it.

"Select Description, Name,SobjectType from RecordType"

But unfortunetely yo can not add any entry in this table via API

rohitmaratherohitmarathe

Hi Vishal,

As you mentioned RecordTypeId field is a part of yourcustom object but you can not see this in sForce explorer's older versions.Use sForce Explorer 8 and then you can see and query the above field :)

Regards;

Rohit

A_SmithA_Smith
You might also cehck the Field Level Security for the record type field.  It could possibly be hidden from the System Administrator profile.

Thanks,
Andrew