function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Rakesh ERakesh E 

unable to get profiles into developer org when installed an unmanaged package

Hi 

I have created an un-managed package and added two profiles to the package and when i install it on other devloper org i am only getting one profile instead of two. I am not understanding what is the problem. please let me know if any one has faced this earlier.

Thanks

Regards

Rakesh

aalbertaalbert

Profiles are not package-able in that manner. You can package up the profile settings and then apply the profile settings to one or more existing profiles when you install the package. But the actual custom profile won't be packaged. 

More info about Packages and Profile Settings here

Rakesh ERakesh E

thank you for your reply.

i got that profiles are not package-able. we can package profile settings , but will it ask for any option to associate the profile settings  when we in install the package. i have added two profile settings to the package (Recruiter and Standard Employee which are in Recruiting app ) but only recruiter is getting shown after i install the package.

pls let me know if there is anything else

Regards

Rakesh

aalbertaalbert

Yes. When you install the package, during the multi-step wizard, one of the steps allows you to apply the package's profile settings to existing profiles in the org.