function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
indranily81indranily81 

Is partner portal a paid service ?

I am new to the appexchange domain and my intention is to build a new app for force.com platform . This will be just for testing and not for any commercial use. I went through some of the basic documents and it was suggested that a partner developer edition is good in order to start the development. Hence I have registered in partner portal. Once registered I get ann option to create new test org. Will I need to pay to salesforce in order to use the partner portal or the test org ? Since my intention is not to sell the product and just try to build one and see how the process actually works I only need the FREE services as of now. 

Any information is highly appreciated.

Thnaks

Indranil

ReidCReidC

The partner program is free, and partner developer editions are free to partners.  Note the careful restrictions around non-distribution and non-production use.

indranily81indranily81

Thank you ReidC for the useful information. 

Can I treat the partner developer edition same as my developer edition environment ? Since I came from the non ISV domain I am a bit confused regarding upto which point I can use the partner developer edition freely.

Can I create a test development org through partner login and will this test org be free also ?

Also from the partner ISV perspective at which point Salesforce will start charging fees ?

Thanks

Indranil

aalbertaalbert

Any of the orgs you create the Partner Portal are free. They are to be used for developing and testing purposes only. They are not to be given to customers or prospects. 

I also recommend signing up to be a registered ISV at www.salesforce.com/partners. An ISV Account Executive will reach out to you and detail the entire program and process.