function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
DarrellDDarrellD 

Anyone Able To Upgrade Managed Package With Flow

Anyone here have a Managed Package with Flows enabled able to upgrade app (either patch or full upgrade)? We are getting errors that says "cannot upgrade part of a Managed Package" and get references to all of the Flows in our Package. Tried making Flows in subscriber org inactive, still didn't work.

BoSoxFanBoSoxFan
Flows can’t be included in Package patches. Is this a patch or a full version release?
DarrellDDarrellD

Two things on that though:

1. We cannot add or remove items when creating a patch. So that effectively means, as I posted in another post, that if a package contains a Flow you can NEVER create a patch. I get this if we were changing the Flow, but even if it's not been edited at all its automatically included in the package components.

2. I'm referring to a full upgrade. I am getting the error on regular upgrade.

Darrell

ShellyEShellyE

Hi Darrell,

Upgrading managed packages with Flows is possible. Please log a customer case with support which includes the managed package name and upgrade details so that we can look into it and help get you running. 

Best,

Shelly Erceg

Workflow/Flow PM

DarrellDDarrellD

We logged a case on 1/31, 08688888. Not much progress yet. We've tried this in multiple orgs with same result each time.

I will say that we recently found a VF page that referenced a Flow without using namespace first. The thing there is that this is the case in the initial package as well and that has seemed to work. But we've added the namespace anyway to see if that might have been issue. Cannot tell in the specific orgs right now because now we are between release cycles...which is an unfortunate issue.

Darrell