function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
JeriMorrisJeriMorris 

Free AppExchange package, Apex, and Professional Edition

I have a free AppExchange offering (managed package) that I released several years ago, before Salesforce's changes to the ISV program. My package uses Apex code, and works great in EE and UE orgs.

I know that for paid apps, Salesforce can enable the app to be installed in a PE org, even if the app uses Apex. Will they do that for free apps as well?

Thanks.

Jeri

Vinita_SFDCVinita_SFDC

Hello Jeri,

I would suggest you to log a case with salesforce.com support and speak to Account executive of the Org as well.

DarrellDDarrellD

But unless you have a very compelling business case over why this makes sense, I wouldn't plan on it. They make the functionality limited in those orgs so that companies may be enticed to upgrade of course, so they are loathe to add the extra functionality that a company could get if they upgraded.

Plus how do they manage that? If you have a couple "special" orgs where adding this is compelling, they might listen, but if you just want to offer your app for ALL orgs that install it...no way would they do that...and how would they without just enabling Apex apps?

Darrell