function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
JayNicJayNic 

Duplicating my managed package org

I have built a managed package, and created the namespace and all that....

If I use the IDE to pull out all components of the org, and re-deploy them to a new org - will it carry over the name-space, or will I be able to create a new one?

Basically, I'm trying to copy my whole org but without the namespace...

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
JayNicJayNic

I've figured it out on my own. For others' sake: I will post here what I did.

- Installed the Force.com Migration Tool

- Using the Force.com IDE: Copied all needed code/objects etc from the Managed Package org to my machine.

- Using the search and replace function in the IDE - I replaced all instances of my namespace with blank.

- Copied the contents of the SRC folder in my Force.com IDE Workspaces directory in to the Force.com Migration tool directory in a new folder

- Set up the needed build.properties file and build.xml file - where the properties file was pointing to my new org

- opened a command prompt and followed the process documented here: http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/apexcode/index_Left.htm#CSHID=apex_deploying_ant.htm|StartTopic=Content%2Fapex_deploying_ant.htm|SkinName=webhelp

All Answers

JayNicJayNic

I say IDE - but it wont work - I mean the Migration Tool

JayNicJayNic

I've figured it out on my own. For others' sake: I will post here what I did.

- Installed the Force.com Migration Tool

- Using the Force.com IDE: Copied all needed code/objects etc from the Managed Package org to my machine.

- Using the search and replace function in the IDE - I replaced all instances of my namespace with blank.

- Copied the contents of the SRC folder in my Force.com IDE Workspaces directory in to the Force.com Migration tool directory in a new folder

- Set up the needed build.properties file and build.xml file - where the properties file was pointing to my new org

- opened a command prompt and followed the process documented here: http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/apexcode/index_Left.htm#CSHID=apex_deploying_ant.htm|StartTopic=Content%2Fapex_deploying_ant.htm|SkinName=webhelp

This was selected as the best answer