function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
AMartinAMartin 

Multi-select Picklists

Hi All,

Is it possible to reference a multi-select picklist in a formula?

Thanks.

Aiden
JGJG
No, I don't think it is possible.
SPD11SPD11
I confirm it's not possible. I submitted a case to SFDC support and had the answer about it.
keith_tw8keith_tw8
I have used a workflow rule to check if a multi-select field contains a certain value, if it does, then set a custom Boolean field with true.  I can then use the Boolean field in a formula/report. The Rule Criteria is:

Field: [Multiselect field]:
Operator: includes
Value: [Mutliselect value]

(don’t forget the reciprocal ‘excludes’ workflow too!)

Excel_GeekExcel_Geek
So, I'm a relatively new (just over a year) admin user of SFDC. From the beginning I envisioned one of the biggest values to be the possibility of matching up our leads with what we've got to sell using some some of categorization.

So we have our leads (from the web-2-lead) self categorize themselves using a multi-select picklist. There are roughly 130 choices -- it's a long list of groups and subgroups of "technological areas" that they'd be interested in.

We also categorize our intellectual properties (what we sell/license) in a similar fashion using a multi-select picklist witih the same long list of choices.

So I go to create a custom link to a report that my users can click to get a quick list of intellectual properties that lead may potentially be interested in and blammo! I can't do that because I'm using multi-select picklist. My alternative is an incredibly daunting and nasty idea of create 130 or so checkbox fields that we'd use to categorize leads and IPs...not fun.

Does anyone have an idea of a workaround or if this is on the development pipeline?
EricBEricB
Not currently possible. 

If this capability is important to you, please vote for this idea on Idea Exchange:
http://ideas.salesforce.com/article/show/34063

Thanks,
Eric

Eric Bezar
Platform Product Management

RADIALL ISRADIALL IS
I search the previous idea on http://ideas.salesforce.com/article/show/34063  and do not find it ...
I'd like to create a validation rule on a Picklist (Multi-Select) and a date field.

Is it possible to do it now ?

Message Edited by RADIALL IS on 12-11-2007 02:11 AM