function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
JamesPerlyJamesPerly 

Ability to read numbers from picklists and add all of them

Hello,

I am trying to create a scoring system for my clients so I can rate each client.  I have created several drop down lists for my salesforce team to choose from.  (Each picklist has a choice between 1 2 3).  What I want to do is at the end of the test use a formula to provide the final score the client received.  I tried to use the ISPICKVAL however I was unsuccessful.  If I had a picklist of numeric values 1 2 3 4 5, how would I create a formula to read those values and add other values of other picklists that have 1 2 3 4 5 and provide a final sum?

Thanks

Intel GuyIntel Guy
Check out "Before the Call" they have a scoring system that is amazing.

IG
TonkaCruiserTonkaCruiser

Take a look at the CASE(expression, value1, result1, value2, result2,...,else_result) function.  It would allow you to read in a value from a picklist and then substitute it with a numeric value.  That value could then be used in any calculations that you would want.  It also takes up much less space than an ispickval function.

Chris

Sfdc11Sfdc11
Hi Chris, I've a req similar to the above.Could u pls explain in detail how we can add the Picklist values using CASE function. I want to add the values of four picklist values using validation rule.help me out!!