function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
justingrodenjustingroden 

Custom Formula Field Sporadically Working

I have created a custom field that uses the formula "amount - setup_fee_c" and for some reason it only works some of the time... As in, half of the opportunities will show the custom field correctly based on the above formula, and the rest will just be blank. Any idea why this is the case?

AishAish

have you checked for the scenario where the amount and setupfee_c fields may not be populated? Make sure the formula field is the same type as teh amount or setupfee_c (as in decimal, interger, percent etc.)

justingrodenjustingroden

I have not, and will, but it seems odd that it would work half the time. You'd think that if there was a descrepency in the field types, it wouldn't work at all...

justingrodenjustingroden

Each field is set as a Currency, but there are discrepencies in the length of characters and the decimal places allowed. Would that really make a difference?

If not, it looks like it's starting to happen for all new opportunities. Any other suggestions?

AishAish

Check if there aren't other conditions through workflow, or apex or in the formula iself that are applying to this field.

justingrodenjustingroden

There is a workflow that touches the field, but it is set to inactive. Should I delete it? I would think that if it's not active, it shouldn't have an affect... Other than that there is nothing else in the field formula and I don't think we have ever messed with custom APEX code.