function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
JenniJJenniJ 

Reports with product lines

I am trying to run a basic opportunity pipeline report with product lines, but not sure how to get the product lines to summarize correctly. I need to have a report which summarizes the information by fiscal period and then by region.

When I run my reports or create custom reports, I am unable to summarize each line item by the license value etc. (I can't get the values to summarize highlighted in red)

So I would like to see the reports as below.

FY2010   

Region Asia                  License       Services      Total               Stage    Comments      

Opportunity 1                 100,000        100,000     200,000         XCX          To be followed up

Opportunity 2                 50,000         50,000      100,000           XCX           To be confirmed

Opportunity 3                 50,000         50,000      100,000           XCX           To be confirmed    

Asia Total                         200,000       200,000     400,000

Region Europe                 License       Services      Total             Stage    Comments      

Opportunity 1                 200,000         200,000     400,000          XCX          To be followed up

Opportunity 2                 50,000           50,000      100,000           XCX           To be confirmed

Opportunity 3                 50,000           50,000      100,000           XCX           To be confirmed    

Europe Total                    300,000          300,000    600,000

Can anyone assist me customising my report accordingly?

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
yudhvirmoryudhvirmor

yudhvirmor

All Answers

yudhvirmoryudhvirmor

1. Create new custom report

2. Select Opportunties

3. Select Opportunties with Products

4. Select Type as Summary Report

5  select columns you want to summarize ( In your case its Licence, Services and Total)

6. Select summarize information by ( In your case select Region)

7 Complete rest of steps and you'll the desired results.

JenniJJenniJ

Thanks for your quick response. I think I must have set-up my product incorrectly, as I am not able to select license or services as my summary column (step 5).  Even when I try to create this as a custom summry fiels, none of the product families are available.

Any advice?

yudhvirmoryudhvirmor

Have you setup license and services of type currency. You don't need to create them as summary fields.

If you'll create them as currency field at  Opportunity Product Object. You just need to populate these fields at Opportuntiy product level.

let me know if u r using any chat, I can explain to you there in more details

JenniJJenniJ

It's been so long since I've done any custom work taht you have me all confused now :) Let me take a look at my set-up and get back to you. Are you on Skype, as I woudl really appreciate your help. I need to get a basic pipeline report out without any manual work on the excel, but it's just doesn't seem to work for me...

yudhvirmoryudhvirmor

yudhvirmor

This was selected as the best answer