function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
WannabeDeveloperWannabeDeveloper 

How to map multi-select picklist from Account to Contract?

I desperately need to map some custom fields from the Account to a Contract.  How would I go about writing this code?  I can't find anyone who is doing this, but I'm sure it can be done, if someone can help me with the code, or and idea outside of the box!  Please help!!!!!

Steve :-/Steve :-/

when you say "map" what exactly do you mean?

Map = carry data input in the custom field on the ACCOUNT tab to a mirrored field on the Contract tab.

I don't think that it can be done with a Workflow Rule with a Field Update.  I think your only option (and I'm not even sure if it is one) would be to use an Apex Trigger.  But the only thing that I know about Apex Triggers is that I don't know anything about Apex Triggers.

Not what I was hoping to hear.  But I appreciate your help.  Can anyone advise me on an Apex Trigger?  What is it?  Can I use it to solve this problem?

You might wanna try re-posting this on the Apex Discussion Board,

http://community.salesforce.com/t5/Apex-Code-Development/bd-p/apex

this board is mostly about Formulas and VR's and WFR's.  There might be some really good Apex Developers who never even look here.  

Awesome.  Will do.  Again, thanks!

No problem, 

The Formulas Board is mostly a bunch of Carpenters, what you need is an Electrician.  

Good Luck!

SargeSarge

Hi,

I am glad to offer you the help for coding the Apex trigger. MayI know the exact requirements??

Cheers..

Here is one that I wrote, CASE( Account.Fulfillment__c,"value1","Card and Directory","value2","Card Only","value3","Custom Kit","value4","None","value5","Other (specify in notes)","value6","Portfolio","value7","Portfolio W/Extras","value8","Premier Card","value9","Standard (Card, Letter, Envelope),else_blank").

The error that shows up is,  Error: Field Fulfillment__c is a multi-select picklist field. Multi-select picklist fields are only supported in certain functions. Tell me more