function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
footprint_ninafootprint_nina 

create field dependency for multi-select picklist

I had wanted to create a field dependency with a multi-select picklist as the controlling field. Salesforce support has informed me that this is impossible (if anyone knows otherwise - please let me know !) Instead I am trying to create a validation rule for this multiselect picklist "Relationship to GFN". If someone selects Super VIP i want it to be required that they also select an additional subcategory from another multiselect picklist.

so far i have started with this, but i know it's completely wrong:

IF( INCLUDES(Type_of_Contact__c, "Super VIP")

thanks!!

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Steve :-/Steve :-/

Here you go

AND(
INCLUDES(Type_of_Contact__c, "Super VIP"),
ISNULL(Relationship_to_GFN__c))

All Answers

What are you trying to do with your VR?  

Do they just need to pick ANY value from the Secondary Multi-Picklist if they select "Super VIP" from the Primary Multi-Picklist?  Or are there specific values in both lists that you need to test for?

footprint_ninafootprint_nina

once you select Super VIP from the first multiselect picklist, you will need to choose at least 1 (but sometimes more than 1) field from a second multiselect picklist - but yes it can be any of the values.

Here you go

AND(
INCLUDES(Type_of_Contact__c, "Super VIP"),
ISNULL(Relationship_to_GFN__c))

This was selected as the best answer
aka_floaka_flo

What if you do not want the secondary drop-down list to appear unless that value is selected from the picklist?  So in this case, only if Super VIP?  Is there anyway to do this?