function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
BigABigA 

How to figure out Grouping Level using PARENTGROUPVAL

Ok folks, here's one I need some help with...For anyone who has used PARENTGROUPVAL...

I created a report to help me figure out the rate of conversion for opportunities from propsect opportunities to qualified opportunities. Essentially, when an opportunity is set to the 'Qualified Opportunity' stage (from prospect opportunity stage), a calculated field enters text, "Yes" - otherwise, it's "No". My report groups all opportunities first by Owner and then by Qualified Opportunity (either yes or no). This part all works fabulous. What I want to do is figure out the rate of conversion for each of my reps using a Custom Summary Formula. I want to use PARENTGROUPVAL to help me. Here is how I built it:

RowCount/PARENTGROUPVAL(RowCount, Owner)

The formula calculation would be displayed at the Grouping 2: Qualified Opportunity level.

The idea is that it would divide the total opps (RowCount) in each Qualified Opportunity grouping (Yes or No), by the total number of opportunities for each owner (PARENTGROUPVAL(RowCount, Owner).

Based on how I read the help and other postings on the community, this should work. However, I get this error: "Field Owner does not exist. Check Spelling."

I have tried everything I can think of to get this to work, and no luck. Maybe I have misunderstood how it works (not hard since there isn't much help on this forumla function).  I have tried several diffrerent field names and even different grouping levels, but can't seem to get the field name correct. Maybe I am just using it completely wrong.

Any help would be great. I'm sure I am just missing something obvious, but sometimes you just need a second pair of eyes to help see it. I would appreciate any feedback at all. Thanks!

Neha1234Neha1234

There is an option to select the grouping level in the "Where will this formula be displayed section?".In that you have to select the Grouping Level ,In your case it will be Grouping Level 2.After this in the formula Section Select Owner parent grouping level In the formula section and insert the formula.Make appropriate changes to the formula for summary fields.