function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
RevJoelRevJoel 

Custom Formula Field in Tasks

I am attempting to create a custom formula field in the New Task screen that will pull in the Subject line of the associated Case so when a task is assigned regarding a case, the Subject appears on it as well. According to the documentation (what little there is for custom formulas):

"To create a cross-object formula when building a formula in the Simple Formula tab, enter the relationship names of the objects to which you are spanning followed by the field you want to reference. Separate the relationship names of each object and the field with periods. For example, enter Contact.Account.Name to reference the Account Name for a contact associated with a case in a formula field on the Case object. "

So does this mean my reference to the Case Subject (field name: Subject) should be Case.Subject or something else? I have tried that and Subject.Case but keep getting this error:  Error: Field Case does not exist. Check spelling.

This is my first formula field so be easy on me. ;)

tantotanto

How is this Task being created? Is it from the Case itself?

RevJoelRevJoel

Tim,

Yes, it is from within the Case tab and within the case itself. Thanks for your assistance.

Joel

RevJoelRevJoel

I am still working on this. Does anyone have any clues as to how I can pull in a field from Cases (the subject and description fields) into the task creation screen? I understand I need to create an Activity Custom Field, but how do I reference those two fields from the case? I have tried Case.Subject, but it says "Field Case does not exist. Check spelling."

RevJoelRevJoel

BUMP! Does anyone know how I can reference the subject of a case in a task through a custom field?

ssramaswssramasw

This reply might be too late but try this - $ObjectType.Case.Fields.Subject

sriganeshsriganesh
@REVJOEL

Did you find any solution for this, I used above formula , it's no use.