function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Shariq Abbasi.ax705Shariq Abbasi.ax705 

Changes to a record and notification of record changes

I am working on a workflow to send an email to the record owner when any record he/she owns is modified. The notification should include information on what was changed and who made the changes. I know this can be done in multipe ways i.e. by using Ischanged or by using priorvalue() but I don't know how to create an email template with the list of recently changed fields on an object. Can someone help?

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Steve :-/Steve :-/

I would just enable Field History Tracking and add a link back to the Record in the body of the Email.  Make the Email something genereic like "This record has been updated"

All Answers

SurekaSureka

Hi,

Email Template cannot be populated like that. ie. You can define the list of fields in the email template, but not with list of recently changed fields since it is dynamic. You can create your own email template using apex and that will solve your issue.

Thanks

Steve :-/Steve :-/

I would just enable Field History Tracking and add a link back to the Record in the body of the Email.  Make the Email something genereic like "This record has been updated"

This was selected as the best answer