function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
RobBirdRobBird 

Apex Data Loader Issue

Hello! I am having an issue with Apex Data Loader 19. I have never had this issue with any other verions of the Data Loader and nothing else has changed in my setup.

When I update a task using Apex, and I insert a Task Completed Date/Time of "7/10/2010", it used to be that the date/time inserted would be "7/10/2010 12:00 AM". However, after I updated to Apex Data Loader 19 it will now insert the date/time of "7/09/2010 6:00 PM".

No matter what date I try to change that to using Apex, it is always the day prior to what I want and it's always at 6:00 PM. I have one workflow rule for this field and even if I deactivate this rule, this issue happens. My Excel template that I use to update with Apex hasn't changed, but I did go back to a previous version of my template just in case: same issue.

Does anyone have any suggestions??

Thank you

Rob

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
ram_iyerram_iyer

The Apex data loader is a local desktop tool that uses your system Date. YOu would need to ensure that the date on your local computer is the same as the time zone on your user record to ensure that the dates match.

Here is a related link - http://www.wohill.com/design/508/Date-issue-when-migrating-with-Salesforce-Data-Loader.html/comments

- Ram

All Answers

yudhvirmoryudhvirmor

Have you tried to change the your time zone?

ram_iyerram_iyer

The Apex data loader is a local desktop tool that uses your system Date. YOu would need to ensure that the date on your local computer is the same as the time zone on your user record to ensure that the dates match.

Here is a related link - http://www.wohill.com/design/508/Date-issue-when-migrating-with-Salesforce-Data-Loader.html/comments

- Ram

This was selected as the best answer