function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
sandyrsandyr 

how to create cross-object formula fields from opportunity back into leads, after lead is converted

QUestion involves case#03723681

i want to create a custom field that is linked between Leads and Opportunitie.

i can easily create a custom field in Leads, and map it to custom field in Opportunity. then when i convert from lead to opportunity the data is carried forward. however if i then change this field in Opportunity, and run a Lead report on both unconverted and converted leads, the value that the report will show is the OLD value that existed when i converted the lead. Rather, i want this report to show the NEW value that i entered when it was already an opportunity.

in other  words, i want to have this custom field mapped in BOTH directions between Lead and Opportuntiy.

Apparently i can do this using formula fields. however i am a clueless sales guy who hasn't programmed anything since college. is it something that i need a PhD for or can a mere mortal do it?

yudhvirmoryudhvirmor

Create Lookup Relationship between Lead & Opportunity and then use the formula. Once you'll click on Insert Field at the top of formula page, It'll give you option to choose Opportunity field.